Thursday, November 10, 2011

OMG/A

OMA I am so sorry all fellow blog readers i haven't been posting for the longest time ever. I had so much work  to do for school, and I'm actually doing my homework now also.

Well, good news:


WE FINALLY GOT OUR TICKETS FOR BANGLADESH!!!!!!

The only bad thing is that from here to Dubai we'll get front seat 1st compartment but then from Dubai to BD we'll get front seat second compartment. But, at least the majority of the trip will be in the first one inshaAllah. We'll be leaving on December 8th and we'll come back January 14th inshaAllah. I'm ssssoooo happy. We're gonna have so much fun inshaAllah.


I finished reading The Giver like, a LONG time ago but, as it is, I haven't written in my blog since a LONG time ago. But, the book is so sad but happy at the same time! When they revealed what Release was, I was on the verge of tears. It was just horrible! And when they describe Jonas's travel to Elsewhere and how they felt and looked my heart was just torn apart for the poor boy and toddler.

I do wonder what happened to The Community though. Did the plan work? And was Jonas able to find his place among the people of Elsewhere?

I want to read the next book, Gathering Blue, but, I highly doubt that it has anything to do with Jonas or The Community. But still, I'd love to read it.



My uncle came over for 5 days from BD. It was so fun. But this really weird thing happened too. My uncle had this old friend who's house he came and stayed in 10 years ago. So, of course, he had to visit again. I wore my black abaya with pink rosebuds there (the one from Dubai). The couple had one older son and one girl in 6th grade. I chatted with the girl. She seemed nice enough for a Muslim in public school and parents who barely practice Islam. At one point she asks me:


"So, umm, do you, uuh, where that all the time? Like, at school and everything?" She gestures at my abaya.

"No, actually, I wear other things too. I just wore this 'cuz I wanted to, it's my favorite, and we were in a rush and everything."

"Oh."


So, to fill in the blank spaces, I asked her when she wakes up for school. 7:00, she said. She asked me when I wake up. I answered "6:00, because I have to pray Fajr and everything."

"Oh ya, FAJER. I pray that too. I actually just learned today!!!"


I was like, cool!  but, I mean, seriously? I MUSLIM 6 grader learning how to pray?????


Then, later on, she's talking to me. This is what she says:

"It's really weird like how kindergartners like each other and, like, how high schoolers like each other. Kindergartners are like, 'He has a dog, and I have a dog, that's why I like him!' and with high schoolers, it's like, 'He's so hot! Did you see his abs?'"

By this time, I had gotten a little uncomfortable and had started fidgeting in my chair. I cleared my throat and croaked out a "ya"

She didn't seem to notice. She kept on talking about crushes and everything until she comes to this part:

"So, I told my mom about my Bengali crush (meaning, she has two crushes, one Bangladeshi and one non-Bangladeshi) and she was like, 'Oh, your crush is coming to that party! You should dress up nice!'"

I don't know what my expression was like then, but, I could NEVER imagine my own MOTHER saying that to me. So, I just kinda smiled and let out some air from my mouth, hoping that it could pass for a laugh.

And then came the inevitable:

"So, do you have a crush?"



What I said in my mind:       What do you think of me? I'm wearing abaya and a hijab, and I'm gonna have a CRUSH? Well, she doesn't know that it's not allowed, I guess, but her parents should have taught her something. And, even if I did have a crush. I barely know you for and hour!!! And I'm gonna go babbling about some boy that I like? This is so totally weird.


What I said out loud:          Umm, no, I don't.



Her reply:           Oh.



So, you can understand how relieved I felt when we left the house. My dad was relieved too. I think so was my uncle. I don't supposes that he thought his old friend would turn out to be like that.






Well, for Eid, my aunt came over. My uncle had left two days before though. So, he left the Eid money with my dad. So, altogether, on Eid, I got $60 AlhamduliAllah. Pretty good for a girl who barely ever gets eidy.







We got this pretty strong bull for Qurbany. Qurbaany. Qurbanii. Whatever. But for the slaughtering. We kept it in a nursery over night and the next morning it got mad and ran away in the nursery. And that place is like  a JUNGLE. The people called my dad and were like, "The cow got loose!!!" But, nevertheless, they caught it. But then it got loose AGAIN and ran into the street. They caught it once more (Thank Allah) and then slaughtered it.


We are gonna go to the LA ScienCenter to see the 1001 Inventions from school on Wednesday inshaAllah. We're gonna take the Amtrack!!! I'm so excited! I've never been on a train before.



Well, I have a big Quran test today, so plz pray that I pass inshaAllah.



Salaams!





A Muslimah













No comments:

Post a Comment