Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ramadan Day 6

I'm sorry I didn't post for two days. I was just so tired. And I had pains. Well, there's really not much to say. Except, yesterday, instead of coming home after iftaar, my sisters and I stayed at the "babysitters." We don't usually stay, as my father is pretty protective and he thought it woulf be bad for me to be here "all alone". I don't mind it much, I know that it's his way of caring for me, except sometimes I REALLY want to do something and then I can't do it. Well, yesterday, I did some old fashioned begging. I a very sad tale indeed, and in the end, I was about to cry. I didn't stray from the truth though. In the end, he gave in and let us stay. I gave a big bear hug, a huge kiss on his cheek, and a beautiful, "JAZAKALLAHU KHAIRAN BABA!!!"

So, we stayed at the "babysitters". It was actually where the children that were too old for toys but too young to play basket ball with the big boys (who surprisingly did not pray taraweeh. I was shocked I tell you. SHOCKED. I mean, I know the kids in our majid don't practice Islam perfectly, but, this was just too much for me. Me, I had girl reasons. Them, ummm, I don't think there's anything that stops boys from praying. Especially if it's about 15-20 boys.)

 So, at the "babysitters", there was a lady, who turned on The Lion King for us. I hadn't watched that movie for years, so I enjoyed it. My heart ached for poor little Simba when his father died. It was sssooo touching. There were actually tears in my eyes. I know, it's just a movie, but, I saw it with fresh eyes, and I felt myself in his place. It's ssssooo sad.

When the movie was almost done, Baba came to take us home. As usual, one of my sisters started crying. My father just picked her up, comforted her a bit, and she was done. Then we came home.

Oh yes, I wore my pink paisley hijab and black abaya. They went pretty well together. But my hijab was annoying me a bit.

Today we went to the library. I gots me LOTS of books. then we came home and went to Ross. we went there to look for a lunch box, but didn't find one. Instead, I got a pretty laptop bag. I take my laptop to school often, and I don't really need one of those professional ones. (personally, I think they look horrible). So, i found a very nice maroon one. It looked very sophisticated. And I took it. I'll post a pic later.

Baba didn't feel good today, so we didn't go to iftaar. I was pretty disappointed, but, AlhamduliAllah.

2 comments:

  1. omA!!! i LOVE ur stories of everyday!!! oh and can u post on buzz wat kind of books u got? JZK KHAIRUN!!!!

    Hania C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok inshaAllah hania. thanx so much for checking my blog so often

    ReplyDelete