Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1 Day Done, 28/29 More to Go!!!

AlhamduliAllah, one day of Ramadan has passed, and I have been able to fast it. I was sssssoooo hungry yesterday. I wasn't used to it, and I got a headache. Today, for suhoor, I had a pb&j sandwhich, a glass of chocolate milk, a piece of dried preserved mango, a date, and two glasses of water. It's a rule on our house to always have two glasses of water. SubhanaAllah. By the time I was half way done with my second glass, I was practically bursting. I had sssooo much liquid. After I finally managed to drink the last sip, my father saw me holding my stomach and making groaning sounds. Then he asked me,

 "Did you have some banana?"

"No"

"Did you have chocolate milk?"

"Yes. One glass"

"If you have a glass of milk it's ok. You don't have to have another glass of water."

In my head, I was like, NOW YOU TELL ME???!!!!  I had to wake up twice after fajr to use the restroom. But AlhamduliAllah, it was good for me. I didn't get a headache today, and I'm much less hungry than yesterday.

Last night they had rice with peas and carrots, this type of meat with barely any meat, and this chickpea and yogurt thingy. And they said that they might CATER food this year. I guess they weren't expecting so many people the first day. I don't blame them, because I hadn't either.

Today I'm going to wear a dark blue skirt and a light blue top with thin gold stripes going diagonally. I'm also gonna wear a silver bracelet with hearts dangling on it. I'm going to wear a blue hijab with multi color stripes on it. My mother hasn't finished it completely, but if I put the undone side under, it looks perfectly OK.

Here's a few pics:







I wonder what they're going to have for iftaar today. I hope it's something good inshaAllah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment