Thursday, November 17, 2011

1001 Inventions

So, we had a field trip yesterday. The only really fun part was the transportation. Well, here's how our trip went:

Walk to train station
Take train to Union Station
Take Subway to some street
-I wrote my initials and the date on the back of the seat on the subway. call it vandalizing, but, I think there were enough scratches on there anyway

Take Bus to another street (I stood, it was fun)
Walk 2 blocks to Museum

So, they said that we would do a "scavenger hunt" at the field trip. I was like, What? But, nevertheless, I was happy, because I love scavenger hunts. But when I find out what it really was, I was stumped.

The principal divided us into groups. I had about 3/4 good people and 2 horrible useless people in mine.
So, she gave each group a packet with questions. We were supposed to see the exhibit and answer the questions in one hour. Whoever's team finishes the most questions wins.

Little did I know how horrible this would turn out to be.

We were too busy trying to finish our packet to really pay close attention to the stalls and have fun. I was running around like crazy. Then, in the last 3 minutes, some boy comes up to one of the boys in my group and tells him  that, "that book over there has all the answers." We run there and only come up with 3 other questions before its time to leave. I knew it was cheating, but how much could we finish in 3 minutes? When it was time to leave, I was fuming mad. One of the other teams had one because they looked in the book practically the whole time and finished the WHOLE packet. So, you can understand how I felt.

Well, after that, we were SUPPOSED to eat in the huge rose garden they have in the back (at least, that's what they told us) but we ended eating on typical, old, black lunch benches. By this time, I was about to over flow. Until the thought came to me that we might miss the train and come to school late, (we were supposed to be at school for an hour), therefor, not having to do any school at all. That kept me patient.

So, we then we walked to the bus stop
-I counted each step. Ended up with 5004
we took the bus to the Union station
we waited for the next subway (we were late)
-we played telephone there
we took the subway to the train
we took the train to a different train station in the city (the other one would be coming too late)
the teachers at school came to pick us up.


So, I guess it was a pretty good trip AlhamduliAllah. I can't wait to go to 6 flags at the end of the year though. I hope my father lets me inshaAllah.



A Muslimah





How have your days been? Gone on any trips?






No comments:

Post a Comment