Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ramadan Day 2

Yesterday was fulfilling mashaAllah. As I said, I wore my blue skirt, a light blue top and a blue hijab. I also wore a sliver bracelet with hearts dangling on it. I wonder if you liked it.

I liked yesterday a lot mashaAllah. The only thing was that Ammi and Ibrahim didn't come. Well, first we go there. And then I hear something about a contest. I was itching to find out what. I am always one of the first to enter a contest. I love challenges. Well, sooner or later, I forget about it and get food. Today, for appetizers, they have watermelon and this soup with all these vegetables. It's really thick, and it doesn't look really good to me, so I just fill myself up with water instead. Then I go to pray.

After Salah, a man says something about the contest in the microphone. I get that itch again, but I can't find the paper you need, so I just ignore. But, I ask a woman, "Do you know what the contest is about?" She hands me a paper. Here's what it says

Name two other names for Surah At-Tawba (Other than Tawba):
Name:
Number:
Email Address:

Now, I have memorized Surah At-Tawba, but I never thought of checking if there were any other names for it. When I come and sit on my table, there's a different woman talking to one of my "Aunties". She's talking in Arabic  AlhamduliAllah I can pick up bits and pieces of it, and then I make up that she knows what the answer is and she's telling "Auntie" what it is. When she's done, I ask, "Can I do it too?" She gives me the answer and I write it down on the paper!!! Yes, I know that's not right, but there were no rules. So then I ask her were to put it and she tells me in Arabic that it's ________.  Just before I leave the woman's sister asks me if I know Arabic, in Arabic. I reply a little in Arabic. So I go and put mine and Auntie's paper in the box. What they'll do, is they'll not look and just pick one paper and if it has the right answer the person gets a prize. I don't think I got it, because then my father would get a call on his cell phone.

I didn't notice, but by that time the line for food and grown REALLY long. Oh, well. I didn't really mind. The woman who gave the answer and her sister are standing next to me.When we were half way to our destination, the woman's sister asks me what my name is, in English. I answered, "Samiha." Then she asks what my last name is. I say, "Shaheed." Both she and her sister go wide eyed and she says, "Your name is Arabic!" I just smile.

For iftaar, they had good food mashaAllah. They had:


  • salad
  • rice
  • meat (with lots of meat)
  • a bean side dish
  • spaghetti and meat sauce
They have extra today, so I bring home lots of food for us and Ammi. I have a little when I come home, and then I pray. Then I have some cherries.

For suhoor, I have the leftover suhoor. Because I had no milk, I "substitute" it with about 4 and a half glasses of water. I'm still not sure if that was good or not, because after fajr, I had to wake up 5 times to use the restroom.

I'm not hungry now. Just a little thirsty. I hope you don't think my post was to long

No comments:

Post a Comment