Friday, September 2, 2011

My Ramadan

Assalamualaikum and Eid Mubarak to everyone!!

I really am sorry for not keeping u with the blog during Ramadan. But, I'm back now, so, let me give you a short fill in:

Aunt (Dad's little sis) came for 5 days
I do the Quran contest.


When my Aunt is pretty cool. We call her Choto Phupi, which basically means "little Aunt" or "younger/youngest Aunt." She's a doctor, I think for kidney or something like that. She said it's very depressing, because most of the time there's not any solution to the problem. She lives on the border of Ohio, and works on the border of Pennsylvania, all alone. I feel really bad for her. She lives in a two bedroom home with no one to keep her company except the TV. Not to mention she just went through a slight depression because when she came i could barely recognize her cuz she was so thin....................................

So, I think she really enjoys coming here. Our house is smaller than hers, and ours is FULL of people. When she comes, there's 7. And it's all fun. Sometimes its annoying, but Baba always says that later on we'll miss it.

The night Choto Phupi came, my mom made really good Bengali food, and we all ate till we were full. Then we all went to the living room to get our stuff. Auntie just came from BD (AKA Bangaldesh) so, we were sure to get lots.

My sisters got LOTS of clothes. I got two new shelvar kamis, and a bag full of pens, a ring, and two bracelets. And the bag.

The first day, we were all sitting at home and getting bored, so we thought we'd go to Lagoona Beach. I was like, "Why not?" I guess everyone else was thinking the same thing, so we went, and came home before 5. I was amazed. That was like a record breaker compared to our other visits.

Then, another day, Choto Phupi took me to Ross, and I bought a really cute ans funky hijab, a ruffled sweater, and a pair of black flats. I just LOOOOOVE my Aunt.

When she was leaving, I could tell my dad didn't want her to go. As a big brother, I think my dad is especially attached to his sisters. Even the one older that him. He took my aunt into a looong biig hug. And then watched her go. I felt bad for both of them, because even though my Aunt seemed cheerful, I knew her long enough to know that she was hiding a crying heart.

Ever since the "certain incident" (which I cannot tell you because it is family business. Even I don't know everything) everyone has gotten more attached to Choto Phupi. She really suffered through an emotional breakdown. Now, my mom calls her almost every other day, and I'm happy. There's a chance that she might move here, closer to us. My Grandmother really wants her to. It would be good.



No, about the Quran contest.

Not much, except I was SO NERVOUS, I thought I forgot a word (I know, I'm dumb) and stumbled on it, but I got it right. I don't know if the judges liked it or not, but they said a big mashaAllah and JazakaAllahu Khairan, and the lady looked at me with BIG WIDE EYES. I just hope I'm not humiliated.


Eid was OK. I got the worst eid gift though. An ugly green pen, a plastic book mark, a snickers bar, and a sheet of stickers. I mean, what type of ___ year old likes that? (I'm not gonna tell you my age just yet. Maybe five years later or something. But I am old enough NOT  to like those stuff)  I'm probably gonna ask for something else. Like, when I memorize another Juz or something, I'll put it all together and ask for an abaya from SHUKR. Now that's something I would LOVE.

I'll tell you about my eid day in another post. This one is getting too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment